Sunday, September 11, 2011

Conference Roundup

This year's Rocky Mountain Fiction Writer's (RMFW) conference was so much fun! I somehow found the guts to not only pitch but to sit at a table full of agents and editors one night, gather a fantastic group of people together for a critique group (if any of you guys are reading this, you're awesome!), and just put myself out there more than I normally do. Not to mention I learned so much from the fantastic workshops all weekend long; everything from how to write a good pitch, to how to use archetypes in a story, to different communication styles believable characters can use, to bartitsu--a Victorian fighting style that ought to be used more in steampunk.

It was fabulous to see so many faces I recognized from last year! And absolutely wonderful to meet so many amazing new people. We all need more writer friends, right? Or is that just me?

As soon as I catch up on the sleep I lost this weekend, I hope to post some of the more interesting or important things I learned this weekend. For now, though, I think I'm going to go attempt to figure out which characters want to be my secondary viewpoints for the new piece that I decided ought to have alternating points of view this morning, take a nap, and hope that I'm more coherent when I return!

2 comments:

  1. Ah, I thought you were pretty awesome, too. But isn't it amazing how much your brain feels like mush after a conference. Too full!

    Can't wait to hear what all you learned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm exhausted, but had so much fun! I looked for you to say goodbye, but ended up not seeing you. Sorry! You did so awesome this weekend, and it was so nice to have someone I felt close to from last year. Best of luck with your page submissions!

    ReplyDelete